Monday, October 29, 2007

Welcome to Asheboro...


One of the best climbing areas in North Carolina is open again, great problems, lots of things to try, barely an hour drive, and plenty of areas to explore, there's only one problem....the rock is sharp! Finger tips like that are not far from the norm, the pic is of a friend's hands. The crazy thing is he did the problem that did that to him the next go, bloody tips and and all....sometimes i wonder about the sport I've chosen...but then I see another boulder and the previous thoughts disappear. All in all I had one of the best days, if not the best day I've ever had climbing outside, I sent a bunch of problems and no pain...aside from my tips and some residual DOMS from playing on a 100ft slip and slide for an hour the other day in the rain. It seems that I've recovered just in time for an incredible season of climbing, I can't wait.

3 comments:

Jes said...

I'm glad you had a good day!!

Unknown said...

Kevin, It's good to see you have healed up. That's awesome. Happy you are climbing and ripping things.

Franz Snideman said...

Yikes..sounds like fun...yet sounds very challenging!