Monday, October 22, 2007

Stupid human tricks and bracing...

I can't help it, I have an affinity for stupid human tricks, if i see someone do something, there's that little voice in my head that goes, "huh, that looks cool, I wonder if I can do it?" Whether its, a muscle up, rip a license plate, forward spinal wave, doesn't really matter, anything is fair game. It's a great way to see what one's capability is but there is the potential for danger. Usually I try to keep things in the RPE range of 7-9, and I'll admit that I may be a little more subjective with it than I should sometimes but that's the impulsive ADHD nature. So for the longest time while i was injured all i could do was mobility and grip work, but I avoided bracing so as not to mess up the healing process, let me tell you ripping a deck with no abdominal tension is much harder but it is possible. So one of the idea from Zhealth is to use appropriate tension for the activity, So if I don't need to add it in i try to stay away from it. So recently when I went through the timber ties I really didn't use any bracing, it didn't require it, I only used enough tension in my hands to take care of it. Now I do brace if I need to but I find I have to do a lot of relaxation work to counter the excessive use of tension. Plus I figure if I can do this well without bracing once I start working it back in my strength should reflect the additive nature of it.

No comments: