Friday, October 19, 2007

keeping busy

Picked up some more metal today to work on my scroll work. It's been a while since I've been able to do much I so I figured I'd do some and picked up some 1"x1/8"x6', it makes for some nice ribbon effects but it sure is a pain to twist. So far I've got about an hour in and I'm nowhere near done with it. but it's turning out pretty well, I tend to start with an idea and see where the metal takes me. I'll post once I'm done.

Got in some more climbing, just about 45 minutes, focused on endurance. Forearms are still pretty sore but everything else is doing pretty well, walking feels normal, so I don't think I've screwed anything up....Bonus. I imagine I'll be getting some more in as it gets colder, especially since from mid Nov to after New years, I won't have any class to take. Plus Asheboro has opened up legitimately, it's a super sweet bouldering area not much more than an hour away. So day trips are totally doable, I'm psyched. There's a few things I'd love to do there, plus lots more to explore.

Next goal is to start getting my act together to lay out some serious training. I've learned if I plan ahead, I make great progress, it's just that sometimes after you spend most of your day doing it for others,working on yourself isn't always high on the list. But I plan to crank this season, so it's time to get down to it.

No comments: